Mentoring in Tennessee
Youth Villages finds mentors to build trusting relationships with children and teens in the state’s foster care system. Mentors provide positive adult influences for young people in foster care — someone who will help them persevere through hard times, advise them to make the right decisions, and just be a friend.
Youth Villages mentor liaisons train volunteers and facilitate matches with foster children.
To learn more, contact a liaison in the region closest to you:
Program Manager: Tangina Sanders: 901-252-2898
Middle Tennessee: Demetris Haney – Mentor Liaison: 615-250-7212
- Teresa Poindexter – Supervisor: 901-252-2899
- Sierra Kattentidt – Mentor Liaison: 901-252-2897
- Lydia Miller – Mentor Liasion: 901-252-2972
- Allison Horne – Mentor Liaison: 901-252-2968
- DeJa Sumrall – Mentor Liaison: 901-252-2917
- Laney Welch: Mentor Liaison: 901-252-2915