Youth Villages’ Bill’s Place is an expansive and state-of-the-art facility designed to address specifically a gap in services for youth with a greater need of integrated care and the growing community need for intensive treatment options to serve the most at-risk and vulnerable youth.
Opened in January 2020, Bill’s Place serves both boys and girls from ages 10-17, some who may have a greater need of integrated care and complicating or co-occurring medical and mental health conditions.
Take a Virtual Tour of Bill’s Place:
Please note: The buttons below will open in a new browser window.
Click here for instructions on how to navigate 360 tours
360 tours give you an opportunity to tour our facility online. Navigating the tours are simple. Simply click (or touch for phones and tablets) where you want to go. You will notice semi-transparent circles that will help guide you through the space. For further instructions, please click on the help link in the bottom right corner of the tour window. Click on one of the three buttons below to begin your tour.
Bill’s Place provides a closely supervised environment for the treatment of the most serious emotional and behavioral problems, such as suicidal or self-harming conditions, psychotic symptoms, sexual behavior problems and behavioral issues complicated by medical problems.
Our services include:
- Comprehensive child and family evaluation
- Group, individual and family therapy
- Master-level counselors
- Trauma-focused cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Crisis Prevention Institute Nonviolent Crisis Intervention®
- Collaborative Problem Solving approach
- 3:1 staff ratio
- Speech, language and recreational therapies
- Physical and occupational therapy rooms
- Sensory therapy rooms containing leading-edge tactile equipment
- Neurofeedback therapy program
A Focus on Education
While they don’t leave the facility, our youth do experience the routine and discipline of going to school. This ensures they stay on track, earn a degree or can return to a traditional school after leaving.
- Special, individualized curricula
- Traditional classrooms
- Accredited to offer diplomas
- Modern computer lab
- Individual focus on returning to grade-level skill
Certified recreational therapists regularly engage the youth in therapeutic activities in order to teach teamwork, encourage sportsmanship, strengthen trust, improve communication and allow children to expend “stored-up” energy.
- Art center
- Computer lab
- Exercise room
- Swimming pool
- Outside playground
- Theater and musical performance room
- West African-style therapeutic drumming
- Neurofeedback therapy program
Safe and Secure
While Bill’s Place is a fully monitored, hardware-secured residential environment where safety is a top priority, large and open spaces filled with natural light help alleviate the institutional quality often associated with programs featuring this level of intensity and security.
Our facility includes:
- Close supervision by a child-and-adolescent psychiatrist
- 24-hour nursing care
- An enhanced health clinic with nursing and psychiatric staff, pediatricians, dentists and optometrists
7426 Memphis Arlington Road
Memphis, TN 38135 | Phone: 901-252-7980 | Fax: 901-252-7990