Refer a Child
Although admission requirements vary based on the individual program, primarily, we treat:
- High acuity, difficult to place youth who have not experienced success in other treatment environments
- Youth with serious emotional and behavioral disturbances to include co-occurring medical challenges
- Youth who have severe acting out behaviors
- Males and females ages 6-21 (GA); 7-18 (TN)
- Youth with Verbal IQ 50 and above
- Youth with problem sexual behaviors
- Developmentally delayed or disabled youth with emotional disturbances
Location and Funding Considerations
Youth Villages contracts with many state child welfare, juvenile justice and children’s mental health agencies to provide both residential and in-home treatment for youth involved with those systems.
Youth Villages is a provider for a number of state Medicaid departments as well as TRICARE.
We accept children into our residential treatment programs from many different areas of the country. If contracts are in place, funding is provided by state Medicaid. Otherwise single-case agreements are developed with state, county or municipal governments, a board of education, etc.
For intensive in-home treatment, our counselors must be based close enough to a youth’s home to make regular visits and be readily available to the youth and his or her family. Please visit this site’s Where We Serve section to learn more about our service areas for in-home treatment.
If you are a concerned parent of a child or teen with emotional or behavioral issues simply looking for some help, please visit our family resources center for articles, links and advice.