Mentoring in Georgia
The safety of our community is our top priority, and we are committed to doing our part to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Therefore, all mentoring sessions have been canceled at this time. We are continuing to plan for the future, though! We are accepting applications for new mentors. Click here
Apply to become a mentor today!
Why should you become a child’s mentor?
Mentors provide young people with positive adult influences and help them overcome obstacles in their lives and make the right decisions.
Studies show that children who have just one consistent, caring adult in their lives:
- Are less likely to drop out of school
- Have fewer run-ins with the law
- Build better relationships with their own families
As a mentor, you will have the opportunity to:
- Support a young person through an ongoing one-on-one relationship
- Serve as a positive role model and friend
- Plan and participate in activities together
- Build self-esteem and motivation in a young person
- Set goals with your mentee and work toward accomplishing them
- Spend 4 to 6 hours per month one-on-one with mentee
As a mentor, you will receive:
- Initial training
- Ongoing support and mentor/mentee group activities
- Satisfaction of knowing that you are making a difference
- Complimentary tickets to community events when available
- Tax deductions for mileage and mentoring expenses