Chris Crye Mentoring Program
The safety of our community is our top priority, and we are committed to doing our part to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Therefore, all mentoring sessions have been canceled at this time. We are continuing to plan for the future, though! We are accepting applications for new mentors. Sign up
Studies show that children who have at least one consistent, caring adult in their lives benefit from:
- Lower school drop out rate
- Less trouble with law enforcement
- Better prepared to build good relationships with their own families
You can become a powerful, positive force in the life of a child with emotional and behavioral problems. Become a mentor and you can do more than just befriend a child in Youth Villages’ care in Tennessee or Georgia – you might become the first positive role model that child has ever had.
Do I qualify?
To be a mentor, you must:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Pass a mandatory screening
- Commit to spending 4-to-6 hours per month one-on-one with a mentee
- Attend an initial training session
Visit our FAQs page for more details
Right now, hundreds of mentors are actively helping Youth Villages’ children through our programs but many more are needed.
The Application Process
To become a mentor, or to just learn more about our child mentoring program, please complete our online mentoring application and someone from our mentoring staff will contact you.