- The program serves children of any age (infant to age 18) who have serious emotional and behavioral symptoms or have experienced abuse and/or neglect.
- Intercept specializes in diverting youth from out-of-home placements and in successfully reuniting children with their families after children have been in out-of-home placements.
- Diversion services generally last four to six months, while reunification services generally last six to nine months.
- Family intervention specialists will meet with children and caregivers a minimum of two-three times weekly and families will have access to 24 hour on-call support.
- Family intervention specialists will work with both the child and the caregivers to address issues that are impacting the stability of the family.
We Are A Force For Families®
All treatment is family-centered and includes strength-based interventions.
Our comprehensive treatment approach includes family therapy, mental health treatment for caregivers, parenting skills education, educational interventions, development of positive peer groups, and extensive help for families and children in accessing community resources and long-term, ongoing support.
Intercept family intervention specialists provide services to the family, rather than just to the youth, meeting with families at least three times weekly and providing 24 hour on-call support. We tailor services to meet each family’s needs, while measuring treatment progress through ongoing assessment and review. Specialists collaborate with other providers, case workers and courts to formulate a collaborative treatment plan. Small case loads – four to six families – allow our family intervention specialists to focus on the individual needs of each child and family we serve.
Youth Villages partners with state and federal leaders to bring about major reforms to the juvenile justice, child welfare and children’s mental health systems. Our research-based programs help states reform their social services systems by providing measurable, sustainable results at a lower cost. We achieve cost savings by diverting youth from out-of-home placements, offering in-home services as an alternative and working toward family reunification. Our ongoing outcome evaluation studies have demonstrated that 82 percent of youth are successful up to two years after discharge from the program.*
The Youth Villages Intercept program is available in the states/regions listed below. Please see individual state pages for office locations and services offered through each location: