Help a child build holiday memories to last a lifetime.
Join Youth Villages this holiday season to help make the holidays a happy time for more than 150 children and young adults in Oregon. We work to ensure that every child in our care has gifts to celebrate the season, and we rely on the support of community partners and individuals to make that happen. Please help us by becoming a Holiday Hero and shopping for or sponsoring a child. We ask that Heroes spend $100 per child. All donations – 100% – will go to help the children served by Youth Villages in Oregon. Any support is greatly appreciated and will make a huge difference in the lives of the children we serve.
HOW THE HOLIDAY HEROES PROGRAM WORKS
- Each child fills out a Wish List.
- Heroes receive the Wish List, purchase the gifts, and then deliver the gifts to the assigned program’s location.
- Heroes send a donation to sponsor a child and we do all the shopping and wrapping.
- Heroes send a donation to sponsor a last minute kid and we do all the shopping for that child coming into our care days before the holidays.
- Arts and crafts supply kits
- Makeup kits
- MP3 players, ear buds, headphones
- Current CDs
- DVDs (PG13 and under)
- Xbox/Play Station games (teen rated)
- Journals, gel pens
- Board games
- Matchbox/Hot Wheels cars
- Gift cards (Best Buy, Walmart,Target)
- Lego sets
- Young adult books
- Jewelry and hair accessories
- Sports equipment
- Remote control cars or trucks
- Action figures and superheroes
- Barbie dolls and accessories
- Hats, gloves and scarves