- Overall satisfaction with Youth Villages: 92% 92%
- Youth living at home or independently 1 year after discharge: 86% 86%
- Youth in school and/or employed 1 year after discharge: 94% 94%
- Youth reporting no trouble with the law 1 year after discharge: 88% 88%
Youth Villages, in collaboration with the Kentucky Department of Community Based Services (DCBS), provides LifeSet to eligible young people ages 17 to 22 in the Louisville and Lexington areas (and surrounding counties) of KY who meet the following criteria (eligible until 23rd birthday) :
- Are in one of the following placements – DCBS foster home, relative/family home, kinship/fictive kin placement, or living in a dorm on a college campus within LifeSet service area(s).
- Exited custody or extended commitment between the ages of 18 – 22.
- Are currently committed to DCBS (or extended commitment) & not already receiving DCBS funded case mgmt. services.
To learn more about eligibility and referral criteria, please email KYLifeSet@youthvillages.org.
This partnership is funded under a contract with the Cabinet for Health and Family Services with funding, in part, from federal and other state general funds. Youth Villages does not discriminate against anyone applying for or receiving assistance or services based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, or any other protected class identified in federal, state, or local laws.