John Norris – Managing Director – General Counsel
John Norris, III, currently serves as the managing director – general counsel overseeing all legal matters for Youth Villages.
Mr. Norris previously served as principal and litigation manager for the Memphis, Tennessee, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. He is an experienced litigator who handles management-side labor and employment law cases of all types including state and federal lawsuits, arbitrations, and administrative claims regarding age, race, gender, or other types of discrimination or harassment, as well as disability accommodation issues.
Mr. Norris is skilled in non-competition agreements, non-solicitation agreements, employee raiding issues, trade secrets misappropriation, and similar issues, having litigated such matters in various state and federal courts and before the National Association of Securities Dealers, now known as the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. He also has significant experience representing employers in collective and class action lawsuits under the Fair Labor Standards Act and state law for wage-related claims.
While attending law school, he served as Research Editor of the University of Memphis Law Review. He also received the American Jurisprudence Award in Constitutional Law and was selected for Who’s Who Among American Law Students.
Honors and Recognitions
- Memphis Business Journal, “Top 40 Under 40 Award” (2009)
Professional Associations and Activities
- Memphis Bar Association, former Board Member of Young Lawyers Division
- Memphis Bar Foundation, Fellow
- SHRM-Memphis, former Board of Directors Legislative/Government Relations Co-Chair
- Tennessee Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law, Law Office Technology and Management
- Tennessee State Bar Association
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- John Dustin Buckman Boys and Girls Club, Board of Directors, Former Chairman