Youth Villages Oregon serves families through community-based services.
Formed in a merger in 2011, Youth Villages Oregon continues a heritage of helping children and families in the state, reaching as far back as 1859 through ChristieCare and The Christie School. With a focus on community-based services, Youth Villages Oregon is committed to providing the most effective and cost-efficient treatment options to help children with emotional and behavioral issues, their families and youth aging out of state custody live successfully. We do this through four critical programs:
- Intercept intensive in-home services strengthen and restore families, helping children safely remain in their homes or reunify with their families after completing an out-of-home program.
- YVLifeSet program helps young adults aging out of foster care make a successful transition into independent adulthood and is one of only a handful of programs showing effectiveness in a randomized controlled trial to help this vulnerable population.
- Youth Villages Oregon’s ER Diversion program provides effective help to children experiencing mental health crises and their families when they need it most in Portland and Central Oregon.
- Youth Villages Oregon’s Mosaic group home teaches young adults to be self-sufficient and to prepare for an independent future.
More than 80 employees work from Youth Villages Oregon offices in Lake Oswego, Oregon City, Salem, and Redmond helping children, families and young people in Benton, Clackamas, Columbia, Crook, Deschutes, Jefferson, Linn, Marion, Multnomah, Polk, Washington, and Yamhill counties.
Youth Villages Oregon relies on individual, corporate, and foundation partners for nearly $600,000 to support efforts to help youth to become successful adults. Join our force – a force for good, a force for change, the force for families.
- Andrew Grover - Executive Director - Youth Villages Oregon, bio, email
- Kandi Shearer - Assistant Director, Community-Based Programs, email
- Shauna Lugar – Development Director – Youth Villages Oregon, email
- Oregon Board