The Youth Villages Girls Center for Intensive Residential Treatment provides a closely supervised environment to treat children and youth who suffer from the most serious emotional and behavioral problems, such as suicidal or self-harming conditions, psychotic symptoms, sexual behavior problems and behavioral issues complicated by chronic medical problems.
Sometimes girls need extra attention. Our staff can give one-on-one support when extra help is needed. The strong bonds the girls develop when they feel that our staff care about them personally can be the key to success for a girl who previously refused to participate in treatment.
Treatment components include:
- Comprehensive child and family evaluation.
- 24-hour nursing care and close supervision by a child-and-adolescent psychiatrist.
- Group, individual, and family therapy with master's-level counselors and licensed mental health professionals.
- A highly structured environment with small groups of children focused on specific treatment needs.
- A 3:1 staff ratio, with staff specifically trained and assigned based on each child's needs.
- Children attend school at the center with curriculum modified according to the educational needs of each child.
- Related therapies -- speech, language, vocational, recreational -- are provided.
Special treatment modalities are offered as well, including:
Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT)