The Youth Villages Dogwood Campus is designed in a natural, open setting to create a unique balance of structure and freedom. This balance enables children and their families to identify, understand and cope with their individual needs and develop the skills necessary to succeed in a stable, supportive home and family when the residential phase of their treatment is complete.
At Youth Villages, we believe that all children should be raised by their families whenever possible. We know that sometimes stays in residential care cannot be avoided, but we strive to make these stays as short as possible.
Whenever family reunification is an option, we begin family counseling as soon as possible and the campus provides a family-friendly atmosphere with family therapy and visitation rooms as well as outdoor areas for visits and picnics.
Accredited by the Joint Commission (JCAHO), learn more about Evidentiary Family Restoration™ and the evidence-based practices Youth Villages uses in treatment.
Treatment components include:
- Group, individual and family therapy with master’s-level counselors
- A 5:1 staff ratio
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) when indicated
- Special treatment track for boys and girls with significant substance abuse issues
In addition to serving a general psychiatric population, the campus has special programs designed to work with:
- Boys and girls with problem sexual behaviors
- Youth with emotional disturbance and co-occuring medical conditions
If you are considering referring a child to Youth Villages, please learn about admission guidelines, location and funding considerations and complete a brief referral questionnaire.