Youth Villages offers teaching positions with our residential programs in the Memphis, Tenn. metro area, Linden, Tenn., Douglasville, Ga. and Arlington, Mass.
Lead Teacher Positions
If you are nearing graduation and majored in education or a subject area and will be eligible for licensed teacher positions upon graduation or shortly after, then consider applying for a Lead Teacher position at Youth Villages to make an impact in the lives of at-risk youth in residential treatment. If you will not be licensed or studied outside of the education field but are interested in developing a teaching career, consider starting as a Teacher Assistant in our Teacher Development Program (below).
Benefits of Teaching at Youth Villages:
- Lead smaller classes of between 8-15 students with Teacher Assistants
- Gain experience with behavior management techniques
- Implement Differentiated Learning/Instruction
- Gain supervisory skills
- Opportunity to have insight and influence all factors impacting a child’s education
To apply for a Lead Teacher position, please apply for open teacher positions at www.youthvillages.org/jobs.
Youth Villages Teacher Development Program
Are you looking for a one-of-a-kind experience offering teacher development in a nationally recognized organization? Do you have a passion for teaching at-risk students? Then you’re ready for the Youth Villages Teacher Development Program.
This isn’t just another teaching job. You'll be hired on to work full-time alongside other experienced and new staff in our residential programs for a full salary and benefits, but it’s really about challenging yourself and making a change in the lives of children with behavioral and emotional problems.
The Teacher Development Program was created to give you the ultimate Youth Villages employment experience, while bridging the gap between college and a teaching career. The program is designed specifically to help you achieve your career goals as an educator while giving you experience teaching and making an impact in the lives of youth. The program is a 10-month commitment to teaching youth in residential treatment at Youth Villages in Memphis or Linden, Tenn. The goal of our program is also to develop your career as a teacher at Youth Villages, so you are able to stay on full-time after the program concludes.
As a Teacher Assistant in the classroom, you will
- Learn skills specific to working with a population that has severe emotional and behavioral problems
- Learn to be a leader in the classroom and sharpen your teaching skills.
- Gain invaluable experience that is hard to find elsewhere – extensive behavior management, teamwork and collaboration with peers, writing IEPs and other Special Education related activities
- View education from a mental health perspective.
Youth Villages will begin accepting applications for the Teacher Development in early September. Please check back and apply at that time.